Report on Most Effective Ways for Treating Herpes
It will just take 5 minutes to read this research report. By the end of 5 minutes you will know how to eliminate outbreaks caused by Herpes Simplex Virus using most effective treatments that provide results fast.
Research Results and Product Rankings 2014
You will avoid a lot of suffering and save your hard earned money here: How?
Majority of sufferers are not able to get rid of herpes symptoms quickly because they try products that don’t work. If you want to know what’s the most popular option that gives best and lasting results with no side effects you’ve come to the correct website.
This detailed report provides the results of the thorough research we did on the latest treatments. We investigated popular medications and present here what we found in terms of overall value to the sufferer. Continue reading to know what methods are worthless and which solutions provided significant relief.
Our Findings – Summary
1. Analgesic & antiviral pills can be more harmful to some
These drugs are given if you have infection for the first time (primary infection) or recurrent outbreak. As there is no cure, antiviral medications given by doctors like Acyclovir (Zovirax), Famciclovir (Famvir), Valacyclovir (Valtrex) and Penciclovir only reduce viral shedding and prevent outbreaks.
For episodic treatment a five times a day for five days course of antivirals can reduce the severity if taken before the symptoms like tingling, itching or numbness begin. Taken for long term like for six months or an year as a suppressive treatment plan they can reduce the chances of recurrences. Synthetic drugs have side effects  like headache, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, dizziness and sore throat. However reaction disappear when the medication is stopped.
Mild stinging or a warm sensation can occur when applying topical solutions on sensitive skin. Aspirin , acetaminophen, paracetamol or ibuprofen can be taken to overcome pain and discomfort in the short term.
The chances of complication with prescription drugs increase manifolds in people with liver or kidney problems and in people suffering from weakened immune system due to atopic dermatitis, organ transplant, cancer or HIV infection.
2. Topical solutions relieve symptoms temporarily
Lot of topical solutions prescribed by dermatologists are available for symptomatic relief locally. The problem with topical solutions is that mostly they give a burning stinging sensation on application which many users compare to applying Dettol to an open wound. For some the pain is so unbearable that they don’t even consider topical application a treatment option for these watery eruptions.
Recommendation: We found that the major drawback with topical options is that they work on specific areas they are applied, new and recurrent eruptions are never taken care off.
3. Homemade remedies increase suffering
Some homemade remedies are coconut oil, celtic sea salt, zinc, garlic and hydrogen peroxide. The benefits of Monolaurin, aspirin, topical zinc, L-lysine and licorice root cream are anecdotal and have not been proven by randomized studies yet.
Our research found that initially they might help but over the longer term, use of these is a complete waste of time and increases suffering because:
- A descent percentage of users give up using them after 7-10 days because they find it to be time consuming option without offering any kind of major relief.
- Few remedies are unsafe and are not side effects free. For example hydrogen peroxide caused allergic reaction in some cases when applied on blisters.
- There was no documented medical evidence of any reduction of blisters nor there was any noteworthy reduction in itching, inflammation or pain.
- Most of the topical homemade remedies are messy, caused cloth staining and are not applicable outside home.
Recommendation: This mode of treatment did not showed notable results because such remedies are not potent enough to combat the virus.
4. Every type of alternative formulation doesn’t provide relief
Solutions that passed our study are natural over-the-counter products. Such holistic alternatives have already helped lots of sufferers. These don’t have any ill effects and can be bought over the internet or local pharmacy without prescription.
However, not all are created equal and you should be knowledgeable about which one you decide to undertake.
A substantial number of formulations fail because:
- Initial relief is achieved with very mild sores; eruptions that were moderate to severe were not affected.
- Some formulations cause allergic reactions.
- Majority of consumers who try the product state it as ineffective.
- Relief is observed after very long duration of application.
- Cost was not judicious.
5. Two natural remedies achieved a high consumer satisfaction rate
- Medication Mode: Oral Drops
- Side Effects: None reported
- Results: Outstanding
- Price: $49.95
- Guarantee: 90 day Refund Policy
- Ingredients: St John’s Wort, Pelargonium, L-Lysine among others.
Manufactured by Sisquoc Healthcare, Inc. Dalinex comprises of an oral solution. Dalinex was developed on the basic medical principle that a strong and resilient immune system is the key in reducing suffering and to eliminate outbreaks. We observed that the all natural active ingredients that constitute the solution are immensely effective in boosting immunity to fight debilitating symptoms from within.
Unlike other oral medicines which compromise immunity, or topical ointments that work on blisters, the approach for treating all types of herpes with Dalinex is more rational. By developing immunity, Dalinex effectively gets rid of lesions that appear on any body part in both male and female patients. It provides relief from genital herpes as well as herpes on stomach, back, face, arms, thighs, buttocks, in and around mouth.
It is observed that results usually start to show up within days with daily usage. Absence of synthetic ingredients, ease of use and being safe to use makes it treatment of choice. We documented a lot of positive feedback and a very high consumer satisfaction rate for this product.
- Blisters scab over and heal sooner
- Minimizes the frequency, duration and severity of flare ups
- Relieves flu like signs like body aches, swollen glands
- Helps alleviate discomfort during urination
- Medication Mode: Oral Spray
- Side Effects: None reported
- Results: Good
- Price: $29.95
- Guarantee: 60 day Refund Policy
- Ingredients: Homeopathic
Manufactured by renowned healthcare company Market Health, Inc. Herpeset has been specifically designed for symptoms that arise in and around the mouth i.e. Cold Sores or Fever blisters. Herpeset is a homeopathic oral spray supplement for HSV 1. The homeopathic ingredients in Herpeset are well known for anti-herpes properties and are readily absorbed by the body. We observed Herpeset to be effective in getting rid of rashes that form on gums, lips, relieve burning, stinging pain and swelling in male and female sufferers.
Results like reduced itching and pain start to show up within 24 hours. However, being specifically formulated for oral herpes (Cold Sores) we found that it takes a bit longer than Dalinex to achieve complete relief from painful eruptions elsewhere on the body. Detailed leaflet with instructions come along the medication and a 6 month dosage is required to eliminate outbreaks that keep coming back.
It is also safe for the elderly and high risk patients. But like Dalinex, Herpeset too does not protect against transmission of herpes by vaginal, oral or anal sex. Proper oral and genital precautions like using condoms is necessary during sexual activity to avoid spreading the HSV-1 and HSV-2 strains to your partner.
Herpeset is the second most popular option today after Dalinex. It is a potent cold sore treatment that has generated significant number of positive reviews from users.
Herpes treatment should be started as first symptoms start to appear to prevent severe lesions from forming. Left untreated complications can occur with this condition resulting in hospitalization and intravenous injections. Pain can be considerably reduced if appropriate medicated management of the disease is started early. But selecting the right remedy is crucial. Stress, physical trauma or fatigue are known triggers, avoiding them also helps in early recovery.
- Clean the affected area using antiseptic soap water or rinse with salt water to prevent bacterial skin infection.
- A moisturizing jelly like Vaseline can prevent the ulcers from becoming too dry and crack. It will also stop them from sticking together.
- Several small blisters filled with yellowish fluid may grow into a large blister. Apply an ice pack gently, or cold, wet, tea bags on the sores to ease pain. Do not apply ice directly.
- Drinking plenty of fluids helps dilute urine which makes urinating less distressing while suffering from genital herpes. Passing urine while sitting in a bath or while pouring water over your genitals is also helpful.
- Don’t wear tight cloths as it will prevent red blisters to break open and leak.
- If you have sore in or near eyes consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid other people touching or coming in contact of affected areas.
- Avoid hot beverages, spicy, salty or citrus foods they may irritate cold sores also known as herpes labialis.
Avoid Known Triggers
- Sunlight – Avoid sun altogether or apply sunblock
- Emotional or Physical Stress – Stress of any kind reactivates the virus which is dormant in the nerve tissues.
- General illness – Avoid venturing out in extreme climates and get adequate sleep.
- Avoid sex – Genital herpes is sexually transmissible infection (sti)
Pregnancy and Genital Herpes
Although not common but its possible for herpes virus to be passed to the newborn during delivery. Pregnant women should make their midwife or obstetrician aware if they had been diagnosed of genital herpes in the past.
In animal studies Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) has been found to inactivate the herpes virus in cell structures. However clinical testing for humans has not yet been done. But it does hold promise for the future.
Information on what does herpes look like here.